So, I haven’t done a lot of blogging over the last few weeks, something which I should probably be better at but since I don’t care if people actually read this thing and like me, eh. But- I’m going to do this meme thingy that I got from Mommy Wants Vodka just for fun and because yay! I feel like it!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
i learned to sew things. yay!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
<insert maniacal laughter here>
<snort, and trust me, I don’t snort when I laugh>
<yet more laughter>
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
nope, not that I know of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
6. What countries did you visit?
i’m so well traveled. I visited the Land of Corn and Soybeans otherwise known as my home state of Illinois.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
no date, specifically, but there was the week in august when my sister and bil came to visit, bringing the adorable sweetness that is my nephew with them.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
sadly, I think that you’re reading it…
9. What was your biggest failure?
again, i think that you’re reading it…
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
cody had stitches in his lip from when he landed on a cement bench *on his face*.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a bag of rice and some heavy fabric, which I then sewed into a nifty heated rice bag, which just rawks.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Cody played baseball. Cody not only played baseball, he actually WANTED to play baseball. He WILLINGLY went to practices and games, and NOT ONE TIME did he say that playing baseball was too hard.
At the Christmas Parade last month, we saw a little 2-3 year old girl in tears over a broken candy cane. Evan, with no prompting from anyone, asked if she wanted his candy cane. He is such a sweetheart.
Dylan is just all around politeness.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
At multiple times during the year, I’m pretty sure that all three of the boys have had me appalled and depressed…
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food. Baseball. Christmas.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
jeremiah came to visit. Screw Jess and bil, it was all about Jeremiah (three year olds trump 29 year old sisters.)
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
um… the only song that is coming to mind is Tonight’s going to be a good night by Black Eyed Peas, but that just might be because I really like that song and should add it to my ipod.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
ask me again in november, and then i’ll be able to tell you.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Only if falling in loves with rice bags count.
23. How many one-night stands?
does it count if that one night stand if with the husband?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Other Boleyn Girl and Time Traveler’s Wife.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
my orchid and video camera and a snuggie.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 31 and I got a video camera and an orchid.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
less worry over money.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
is it comfortable?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Blago’s impeachment. It made me giggle. A lot.
37. Whom did you miss?
Nephew, some grandparents.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Did I meet anyone new last year?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
You don’t want to know what the quiet is all about. Oh- and dogs will puke ungodly amounts if they eat chocolate.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
My brain is too fried to even think about this right now.